Marvel’s WandaVision mini-series just aired its last episode on Disney + Hotstar and it is safe to say that the series birthed fan-theories, origin stories, and of course, meme fests. Even the International Cricket Council (ICC) has joined the meme fest bandwagon.
ICC-the world cricket’s governing body, commented during the fourth and final test between India and England when the host started to lose crucial wickets on the second day. India resumed play with Rohit Sharma and Cheteshwar Pujara at the crease. However, England took three vital wickets of Pujara (17), Virat Kohli (0), and Ajinkya Rahane (27) in the first session.
ICC’s tweet states, “Aussies: ‘We’re not supporting England” followed by the wink meme. Some even pointed out that the meme actually captures the sentiments of Australia about their archrivals, as the Australian team’s fate for the World Test Championships depends on England’s win against India.
For people living under a rock, Disney+ and Marvel’s WandaVision series has hooked fans into a never-seen-before origin story of Scarlet Witch. Her history of witch ancestry and powers were explained, and one of the key characters was that of Harkness. Kathryn Hahn’s role as portraying the character of Agatha Harkness is one to watch out.
Her iconic facial expressions and body language has become a part of countless relatable situations by Twitteratis when they say something and mean something else altogether. Here are a few of them.
- NEUFC’s disappointing run continues as side loses to Chennaiyin FC
- The new Indian-origin CEO of Twitter, Parag Agrawal
- Iran nuclear talks to resume in Vienna amid muted hopes
- Sikkim’s Tholung Monastery revives 233-year-old Khamsel tradition after 9 years
- Dravid gives Rs 35K to groundsmen for preparing sporting pitch
- Bodies of COVID-19 victims ‘rotting’ in Bengaluru hospital for over one year