Gangtok: Sikkim chief minster PS Golay inaugurated the 39th edition of the All India Governor’s Gold Cup football tournament at Paljor Stadium, Gangtok on Friday.
The inaugural match was played under the floodlights at the Paljor Stadium where home team, State Sports Academy (SSA) Gangtok, was defeated by Royal FC Siliguri by a margin of a solitary goal.
Niraj Basnett scored the all important goal of the match for the winner at the 13th minute of the match. SSA got ample chances to score, however, due to poor finish the winner failed to increase the margin.
Md Sporting Club Kolkata; Gokulam FC, Kerela; Royal FC Siliguri; Jamshedpur (R); Punjab Police XI; Army (Red); BSS Sporting Club; Eastern Railways; Khidderpore Sporting Club; Sikkim Himalayan SC; Sikkim Police; State Sports Academy are the participating teams this year.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders
- Assam logs 196 new COVID-19 cases, 5 fresh fatalities
- India records 26,041 new COVID-19 cases
- Bharat Bandh: Rahul Gandhi voices support for farmers
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination