Aizawl: Mizoram on Thursday reported 141 new Covid-19 cases, breaking the Wednesday record of 69 cases to be the highest single-day spike in the northeastern state, an official said.
The state’s Covid-19 caseload has risen to 1,333 and the number of active cases now stands at 583, the official said.
Of the 141 new cases, 138 were confirmed at Zoram Medical College (ZMC) while 3 people were confirmed through Rapid Antigen Test at Vairengte, he said.
“This is the highest single-day spike ever reported in Mizoram since March 24 when the first Covid-19 case was detected in the state,” he said.
According to the official, 94 of the new 141 cases were reportedly local transmission.
He said that detailed reports of the new infected persons are awaited and the government has traced people, who came in contact with the infected people.
Mizorma has not reported any fatality due to Covid-19.
A total of 750 people have already recovered from the virus and as many as 46,414 samples have been tested till Wednesday, according to health department.
- Fabindia’s ‘Jashn-e-Riwaaz’ sparks controversy, Netizens allege ‘Abrahamisation’ of Diwali
- Manipur: Police seize arms, ammunition & drugs worth Rs 40 lakh
- Mary Kom to skip National Women’s Boxing Championships
- NESFB Guwahati has 133 vacancies. Details here
- Dera chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim sentenced to life
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 18