Guwahati: 15 persons have tested positive for cOVID-19 in Guwahati on Wednesday, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. This takes the state’s tally to 79 cases. All the new cases are related to a person who recently tested positive in Guwahati’s Fancy Bazar.
Informing about this on Twitter, Sarma said, “Alert ~ 15 persons are tested #COVID19 + in Kamrup Metro. All are related to patient from Guwahati’s Fancy Bazaar, who tested + recently. All under quarantine and please dont panic.”
Mungru Sahani, staying at Fancy Bazar’s Rajkamal Hotel had tested positive for COVID-19 following which, the boundary encircling the hotel was declared Containment Zone including MG Road in the north, Tarun Ram Phukan Road in the south, SACB Road in the east and the MS Road in the west.
The state now has 79 cases of which 39 patients have been cured and discharged, 37 active cases, 1 migrated case and 2 casualty.
- Wrestler Ravi Dahiya settles for silver after losing final to world champion Uguev
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5