Guwahati: 15 persons have tested positive for cOVID-19 in Guwahati on Wednesday, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. This takes the state’s tally to 79 cases. All the new cases are related to a person who recently tested positive in Guwahati’s Fancy Bazar.
Also Read: COVID-19: Area in Guwahati’s Fancy Bazar declared containment zone
Informing about this on Twitter, Sarma said, “Alert ~ 15 persons are tested #COVID19 + in Kamrup Metro. All are related to patient from Guwahati’s Fancy Bazaar, who tested + recently. All under quarantine and please dont panic.”
Mungru Sahani, staying at Fancy Bazar’s Rajkamal Hotel had tested positive for COVID-19 following which, the boundary encircling the hotel was declared Containment Zone including MG Road in the north, Tarun Ram Phukan Road in the south, SACB Road in the east and the MS Road in the west.
The state now has 79 cases of which 39 patients have been cured and discharged, 37 active cases, 1 migrated case and 2 casualty.
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh