Guwahati: Three more persons who travelled from Mumbai to Jorhat have tested positive for coronavirus, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday. The total number of cases in the state has now at 62, including two fatalities.
Taking to Twitter, the minister said, “Alert ~ 3 people, incl an Ambulance Driver from Mumbai who drove the 2, test #COVID19 + in Jorhat. Driver sent back to Mumbai. 2 are at JMCH since their arrival in Jorhat.”
Three more persons who were on board the bus from Ajmer, Rajasthan to Cachar had tested positive for coronavirus on Saturday. A bus carrying stranded passengers from Ajmer had entered the state on Wednesday following which, on screening, one person was tested positive, which was the 45th case of Assam. Subsequently, four other co-passengers also tested positive. So far, eight people travelling on that bus from Ajmer have tested positive for COVID-19.
Several areas in Assam have now been marked as containment zones, The latest is the Regional Dental College, Guwahati, after a student became the 59th COVID-19 case in Assam. The entire girls’ hostel campus has been declared as containment zone, and sealed, with effect from Saturday until further notified.
The boundary of the containment zone is- north: the residential boundary of Dr Dilip Baruah; south: boundary of nurses hostel GMCH; east: residential boundary of Jogeswari Kalita and Kailash Kalita; west: Dental College Road.
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court