Guwahati: A resident of Churachandpur, Manipur, who worked in a spa in Gurgaon was declared dead on arrival at the Fortis Hospital in South Delhi’s Vasant Kunj. The cause of her death is still unknown, and the body has been sent for post-mortem.
The woman, who lived in Sushant Lok, Gurgaon, was brought to the hospital by two Nigerian nationals who claimed to have known her.
“The woman is from Churachandpur, and she worked in a spa. The two males seemed to have known the woman, but we do not know under what circumstances they picked her up or why,” Robin Hibu, Special Commissioner, Delhi Police, told EastMojo.
As per preliminary reports, there seem to be no external injuries, but the post mortem will reveal the rest, informed the senior police official. “We have detained the two Nigerian guys along with the car that was used to bring her in. Since this has happened in Gurgaon’s Sushant Lok, Gurgaon Police is handling the case,” Hibu added.
“The woman was a resident of Gurgaon and was brought in to Fortis Hospital as the two Nigerians knew Fortis Hospital. They brought her to Fortis Hospital in Vasant Kunj, but since it does not have a government-legalised Mortuary, the body had to either be sent to AIIMS or Safdarjung. Since Vasant Kunj is close to Safdarjung, her dead body was sent there,” the special commissioner told Eastmojo.
All initial evidence has been handed over to Gurgaon Police, and the dead woman’s dead body is currently at the Safdarjung Enclave Mortuary at present. The police request persons from Churachandpur to visit the mortuary for identification of the woman.
- Russia says it’s worried about Ukrainian military build-up
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for December 2
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for December 2
- Cow Science: 34 proposals recommended for financial support
- Bengal logs 12 more COVID-19 deaths, 668 fresh cases
- Serum Institute seeks approval for Covishield as booster dose