Agartala: Early trends in the Tripura civic polls indicate that the TMC has claimed a big share in the opposition’s vote bank, especially ones that may have gone to the CPIM.
The trends also show that it is a clean sweep for the BJP, with the opposition failing to make an impact. In majority seats, the total opposition votes could not match the vote share of the BJP candidates.
The Trinamool Congress candidates suffered a big loss, at a time when the party tried to claim itself as the fierce face of opposition.
It is clear that the vote share of the BJP remained intact and that the CPIM has suffered the biggest loss as their voters shifted to TMC.
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA
- Assam: Chenga MLA Ashraful Hussain accused of kidnapping, harassing girl