Agartala: As many as 821 nominations filed for elections to 20 civic bodies in Tripura comprising Agartala Municipal Corporation (AMC), 13 municipal councils and six nagar panchayats were found valid after scrutiny, officials in the state election commission said.
Civic body elections in the northeastern state are scheduled to be held on November 25. Results will be announced three days later, on November 28.
As many as 334 seats, including 51 of the AMC, will be up for polls.
The ruling BJP has fielded candidates in all 334 seats, while the opposition CPI(M) has named nominees for 212 seats, the CPI for six seats, AIFB for five seats and the RSP for two seats.
The TMC has fielded nominees in 124 seats and the Congress in 100.
Twenty-nine Independent candidates have also joined the fray
The last date for submission of nominations was November 3.
No party, other than the BJP, has filed candidates for all the seats, the officials said.
Also read: China successfully launches 3 new remote sensing satellites
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees
- Mizoram cop on hunt for Myanmarese ‘killers’, locals seal border
- Assam governor felicitates boxer Lovlina on World Championship win