Hailing from Thoubal district’s Heirok town, situated about 33 km from Imphal, this boy from Manipur is the new talk of the town.
21-year-old Ningombam Prem has taken over social media feeds with his super cool home made robots, made out of cardboard and electronic waste.
While some may discard these materials as scrap, the Manipuri Iron Man demonstrated his mechanised version of Iron Man’s helmet and arm which he made out of the waste material. He shared his work with the public through videos posted on his YouTube Channel Kanglei Tech.
His video was also shared by Brut and re shared by Anand Mahindra on Twitter, after which it gained enormous popularity.
When off his Iron Man duties, Prem lends his parents a helping hand at a roadside puri/food stall to help his family make an income.
Prem is a big fan of Marvel star Robert Downey Junior, who plays Iron Man and it was his love for robots that made him collect scraps from a nearby cycle shop. Prem has reportedly made so many robots out of scrap that he has lost count.
A student of Fine Arts from Imphal Art College, this Manipuri Iron Man would love to make robots to help people in future. The young creator has already made many versions of the Iron Man helmet, a mini can refrigerator robot and a replica of the Real Steel robot, which he has named Noisey Boy.
Prem spends an average of 2 hours a day building and working on robots, for which he uses basic motors and batteries that he can afford to purchase with his pocket money.
- Gujarat: 8-year-old girl mauled to death by lions in Amreli
- Nagaland former minister Kihoto Hollohon breathes his last, CM condoles demise
- MS Dhoni becomes first in world cricket to captain in 300 T20 games
- India at the 2021 T20 World Cup: Matches, timings and venues
- Meghalaya: TUR files defamation case against FB page, its admin
- Former US President Bill Clinton recovering from infection in hospital