Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang’s father Kalu Singh Tamang died in West Bengal’s Siliguri on Wednesday. He was 93.
“With profound sorrow, I would like to inform everyone that my beloved father Shri Kalu Singh Tamang breathed his last at 10:30 am in Siliguri,” he tweeted.
“However, as we are all aware of the COVID-19 protocols, I, along with my family would kindly request everyone to stay safe and condole his demise from their homes. We would very much appreciate your co-operation and prayers in this hour of grief,” he said in another Twitter post.
Also read: Lata Mangeshkar will live through her songs: Sikkim CM
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident
- Manipur: Security forces continue combing operations for 2nd day
- Ties with China cannot progress without peace at border: Jaishankar
- Bengal panchayat polls to be held on July 8
- 2 Bangladesh border guards trespass into Meghalaya, threaten locals
- Manipur situation ‘peaceful’, centre okays Rs 101-cr package for displaced people