Gangtok: The Sikkim Assembly was adjourned for the day on Monday after obituary references were made to three former legislators who died recently.
Speaker L B Das took up the obituary references to former Deputy Chief Minister PT Luksom, former minister Thukchuk Lachungpa and Sukumar Pradhan.
The 32-member Assembly also observed a two minute silence in memory of the departed former legislators.
After the obituary references, the Speaker adjourned the House till Tuesday.
The House will transact various legislative and financial business on the remaining two days of the three-day session.
- 19-year-old woman sets record for solo global flight
- Rohit, Pant and Ashwin feature in ICC’s ‘Test Team of Year’
- Arunachal Ratna announced for state’s 1st Lt Guv Late K A A Raja
- Pentagon releases first video of botched Kabul airstrike
- N. Korea slams US, hints at resuming nuclear, ICBM tests
- Arunachal CM says will soon trace mastermind of ANYA bandh call