Gangtok: Sikkim‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 27,125 on Tuesday as 245 more people tested positive for the infection, while two fresh fatalities pushed the Himalayan state’s coronavirus death toll to 348, a health bulletin said.
West Sikkim district registered the highest number of new cases at 103, followed by South Sikkim (73), East Sikkim (68) and North Sikkim (one).
The Himalayan state now has 3,401 active cases, while 23,102 people have recovered from the disease, and 274 patients have migrated to other states thus far, it said.
The recovery rate among the coronavirus patients in the state stands at 86 per cent.
Sikkim has so far tested over 2.05 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 1,700 in the last 24 hours, the bulletin said, adding that the positivity rate stands at 14.4 per cent.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion