Rangpo: Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) leader and founder Prem Singh Tamang, better known as PS Golay, on Monday asserted that his party will “sweep” the upcoming state assembly elections, as people are fed up of the “corrupt” Sikkim Democratic Front government.
“We will sweep the upcoming assembly polls in Sikkim, as the people have become tired of a corrupt government being led by CM (Pawan Kumar) Chamling for more than two decades,” said Golay at a function in Rangpo in East Sikkim on Monday.
Golay also hit out at Chamling, his one-time mentor, for “dividing” the society on caste and communal grounds for “vote bank” politics.
“I had to serve a year in imprisonment for a crime which I did not commit,” Golay said, referring to the conviction in a cattle distribution scam during his stint as a minister in the Chamling government.
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon
- PCOD? Here’s a list of foods to add to your diet
- BCCI could earn up to USD 5 billion from IPL broadcasting rights only
- Covishield may offer over 90% protection against death from Delta variant: Study
- Experts explain six popular beliefs about colds