Following the heated situation between Assam and Mizoram, K-pop fans, especially from Mizoram, called for a mass tweeting event on July 29 with key hashtags like #ShameOnAssam, #ShameOnAssamCM, #ShameOnHimantaBiswa, #MizoramWantsPeace.
They are using the whole fan base of K-pop to organise such a Twitter storm. They burst out on CM of Assam, Himanta Biswa Sarma and called him the reason behind the clash. As racist comments started flooding against the Mizo K-pop fan base, many Mizo people came forward with support that it is not about the fandom but their native place Mizoram.
Also read | North East Students’ body urges govts to resolve border disputes
- Assam Guv confers state civilian awards on 21 personalities
- India to help Cambodia’s tiger reintroduction programme
- 50pc of respiratory infection cases in hospitals are of H3N2: Govt
- Here’s how ‘revenge spenders’ may be fuelling inflation
- Air pollution can increase the risk of COVID infection and severe disease
- For rescued rhino calves in Nepal, return to the wild is a fraught option