Aizawl: A 28-year-old woman was found dead inside her rented house in central Mizoram‘s Serchhip town, about 108 km from state capital Aizawl, on Sunday, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Rosangzuali, who was living with her husband and three children at Farm Veng locality, the police said.
Zobiaksanga (35), the husband of the deceased, was taken to custody for interrogation.
Police said Rosangzuali was first found lying dead on the floor by her neighbours, who informed the police about the incident.
The police suspect foul play as the victim had blood oozing out from her mouth and ears. Blood stains were also found on the walls and door of the house, police said.
Investigation is on in the case, police added.
- Sikkim chief secretary holds meeting with officials on G20 events
- Bills introduced in Lok Sabha to revise ST lists in four states
- BJP’s loss in MCD, Himachal polls show ‘Modi Magic’ fading: Tripura ex-CM
- Shrine dedicated to mark centenary of arrival of Salesian Sisters in Northeast
- Meghalaya 2023: Can the BJP turn support into seats in Garo Hills?
- Tripura: BSF-BGB resolve to end border killings, combat insurgents