Imphal: The administration of the Bishnupur district in Imphal valley has issued a flood alert following incessant rains across the state.
Lourembam Bikram, Deputy Commissioner, Bishnupur, said in a notification, “In view of the incessant rainfall experienced in the district for the last few days, there is likelihood for occurrence of flood in many places of the district.”
Therefore, it is hereby notified for information to all concerned to be alert and take up precautionary measures in close coordination with all stakeholders, he added.
The district administration has also set up a help desk in case of any emergency. The contact numbers are 9856401043/ 8787859772.
Most major rivers in Imphal are also reportedly rising to almost the danger mark.
On Wednesday, chief minister N Biren Singh also inspected the rising water level in Imphal river.
The state government is closely monitoring the situation, Singh said on Facebook.
Also read: Manipur: Five police personnel suspended for subletting govt quarters
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh
- BJP played T-20 to win Tripura polls: CM
- Meghalaya: How the ‘abode of clouds’ ran out of water
- Union Cabinet condoles loss of lives in Manipur violence, Odisha rail accident
- Homicide: 2nd autopsy done on body of of IIT Kharagpur student from Assam