Khunti: A 12-year-old boy allegedly raped a five-year-old girl in Jharkhand‘s Khunti district, police said on Tuesday.
The girl went to buy cold drink from a shop near her house when the boy, who was alone there, allegedly raped her, they said.
The incident, which happened in Torpa police station area on Saturday, sent shockwaves across the district.
The boy was nabbed on Sunday and during interrogation, he confessed to the crime, Superintendent of Police Aman Kumar claimed.
The boy was sent to a juvenile home in Ranchi on remand, he said.
Also read: Durable peace cannot be achieved sans resolution of Kashmir issue: Pak
- PM hopes new Parl building will serve as cradle of empowerment
- PM Modi inaugurates new Parliament building
- Virupaksha: A horrifying adventure with splendid performances
- Legislation in US Congress to make Diwali a federal holiday
- ChatGPT can’t think: consciousness is something entirely different to today’s AI
- Modi-Biden talks to revolve around peace, prosperity: US Envoy