His Holiness the Dalai Lama left a condolence message on the passing away of his spiritual brother Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh, an influential Zen Buddhist monk who passed away at the age of 95.
“The International Plum Village Community of Engaged Buddhism announces that our beloved teacher Thich Nhat Hanh passed away peacefully at Từ Hiếu Temple in Huế, Vietnam, at 00:00hrs on 22nd January, 2022, at the age of 95. #thichnhathanh #Buddhism” read a tweeting informing Thich Nhat Hanh’s followers about his demise on Saturday.
Dalai Lama offered his condolences to the monk’s followers in Vietnam and around the world through a message that read, “In his peaceful opposition to the Vietnam war, his support for Martin Luther King and most of all his dedication to sharing with others not only how mindfulness and compassion contribute to inner peace, but also how individuals cultivating peace of mind contributes to genuine world peace, the Venerable lived a truly meaningful life.”
“I have no doubt the best way we can pay tribute to him is to continue his work to promote peace in the world,” the Tibetan spiritual leader added.
Also read: Lost a great man: Dalai Lama condoles death of Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- Indian delegation discusses energy cooperation with Sri Lankan Pres Wickremesinghe
- Oppn parties join Cong satyagraha in Assam is support of RaGa
- Bangladesh Asst High Commission in Tripura celebrates I-Day
- NEW SONGS SUNDAY: Demi Lovato, Melanie Martinez & ‘John Wick’!
- India summons high commissioner of Canada over actions of separatist elements
- Ibisbill, the poorly understood Himalayan waterbird, faces threats