His Holiness the Dalai Lama left a condolence message on the passing away of his spiritual brother Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh, an influential Zen Buddhist monk who passed away at the age of 95.
“The International Plum Village Community of Engaged Buddhism announces that our beloved teacher Thich Nhat Hanh passed away peacefully at Từ Hiếu Temple in Huế, Vietnam, at 00:00hrs on 22nd January, 2022, at the age of 95. #thichnhathanh #Buddhism” read a tweeting informing Thich Nhat Hanh’s followers about his demise on Saturday.
Dalai Lama offered his condolences to the monk’s followers in Vietnam and around the world through a message that read, “In his peaceful opposition to the Vietnam war, his support for Martin Luther King and most of all his dedication to sharing with others not only how mindfulness and compassion contribute to inner peace, but also how individuals cultivating peace of mind contributes to genuine world peace, the Venerable lived a truly meaningful life.”
“I have no doubt the best way we can pay tribute to him is to continue his work to promote peace in the world,” the Tibetan spiritual leader added.
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance
- Rajnath Singh launches 2 indigenously built warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’
- Trained sniffer dogs may detect Covid infected airport passengers: Study
- WPI inflation at record high in April on price rise across all items
- Manipur: Even floods can’t stop these kids from coming to school in Noney
- Govt OKs exporting wheat registered with customs prior to ban