Former adult film star Mia Khalifa, model Amanda Cerny, poet Rupi Kaur, and Canadian parliamentarian Jagmeet Singh joined forces to mock those who are campaigning against the farmers’ protest on Twitter. All of them took digs at Twitter trolls who said they were paid to malign India on the global social platform.
Lebanese-American Khalifa is among the people who have been accused without evidence of taking money from Sikh separatists and terrorist groups to support Indian farmers. Khalifa poked fun at anti-farmer trolls on the internet with the following tweet:
Following Khalifa’s tweet, American model and internet celebrity Amanda Cerny, too, came in with a sarcastic tweet. Cerny recently shared photos from her photoshoot in a sunflower field and on a tractor, with the caption ” #nofarmersnofood #sponsoredbymiakhalifa @miakhalifa”.
That is when poet Rupi Kaur joined in the conversation, taking a jab at trolls who claimed that celebrities of the Sikh diaspora were involved too. She joked that there are more tweets for Mia Khalifa and Amanda Cerny to post. Khalifa responded saying, “I promise to pay it forward by putting it towards supporting a local Indian restaurant for dinner tonight”.
After that exchange, Rupi Kaur wrote, “Dinners on me tonight sending the details in dm”. And then Canadian MP and leader of the New Democratic Party Jagmeet Singh tweeted saying he’s sponsoring dessert.
And after a while, Mia Khalifa posted a video of her savouring an Indian platter with dessert. She posted a picture of her dinner plate and showed her support to the farmers. “Shoutout to the farmers,” Khalifa tweeted.
- Manipur: Three-centuries-old idol desecrated in Imphal
- Agitating Arunachal teachers defer boycott call after govt assurance
- Assam: Ex-student leader facing trial in ULFA blast case tops class in MA exam
- Sustainable finance-related capacity-building measures to be discussed at G20 meet in Assam
- Review petition filed in SC for rectification of observation on Sikkimese Nepalis: CM Tamang
- Tripura 2023: BJP promised a lot in 2018; delivered precious little