Guwahati: In a mysterious fire, a godown used by Akshay Chand Baid, one of the owners of the Akshay Telecommunications and one of the accused in the Assam Police SI recruitment case, was gutted on Sunday raising doubts that documents relating to the case might be destroyed in the fire.
This development comes after sleuths of Assam Police and CID recovered money and some other important documents from Akshay Chand’s house in North Bongaigaon.
It is also reported that the godown was in the name of Akshay’s sister-in-law, but was used by Akshay for his business purposes.
Apart from Akshay Chand Baid, the other owner of Akshay Telecommunications is Rubul Hazarika, one of the prime accused in the case.
A team of Assam Police including teams from the crime branch recovered crores of rupees from one of the accused Rupam Das’ father-in-law’s residence at Abhayapuri, while cash worth Rs 3.33 crore have been seized from Tarini Banikya’s house. The raids were conducted by the Assam Police based on the confession made by Rubul Hazarika.
Meanwhile, an amount of Rs. 15 lakh has been seized from Pradip Mazumder in Bongaigaon and and an amount of Rs. 1.15 crore has also been recovered from Debraj Das’ residence in Barpeta. Reportedly, all the three accused are close aides of Rubul Hazarika.
- Sikkim: Physical classes for students from LKG to standard 8 resumed
- Two Rohingyas detained outside Army camp in Jammu
- Mizoram poll watchdog seeks action over model code violation
- Mizoram: Fourth consecutive day with under 1,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- Arunachal: Bike thief, five others arrested from Seppa
- Aizawl-Shillong among six air routes flagged off in NE