Imphal: In the last 24 hours, one more COVID-19 patient from Thoubal district succumbed to the virus, taking the total death toll in Manipur to 45.
The 48-year-old woman expired at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Hospital on Saturday, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
Another 153 new cases, including 29 security personnel from the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), were detected as the new COVID-19 positive patients. With this, the total confirmed cases of coronavirus have jumped to 7,731.
Among the 123 cases from the general population, only 14 persons from Imphal West, Imphal East, Noney, Chandel and Churachandpur districts and remaining 109 are locally transmitted cases with no travel history.
They are reported from Imphal West (55), Imphal East (32), Kakching (2), Jiribam (1), Ukhrul (1), Thoubal (12), Bishnupur (2) and Churachandpur (4).
Also, 100 more persons infected with COVID-19 positive were discharged in the last 24 hours from CAPF and various facilities, taking the total recovered patients to 6,102 and recovery rate is 78.92 per cent.
A total of 1,584, including 300 security personnel, remained as active cases so far.
Also Read: Manipur youth stabbed in Delhi, 3 arrested
- Maha: Girl gangraped over months; 33 booked, 2 minors among 26 held so far
- Taiwan asks to join trade group, says China might interfere
- Naga Students’ Federation Martyrs’ trophy from Oct 9
- 2 more paper mill employees die in Assam, toll rises to 95
- Govt issues guidelines on treatment of sequelae of COVID-19
- COVID-19 may be linked to risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome: Study