Guwahati: With a constant increase in COVID-19 cases, India is now the third worst-hit country in the world, only after US and Brazil.
According to information from the Union health ministry on Monday morning, India, now, stands at 6,97,413 COVID-19 cases, among which 24,248 new cases were reported in the past 24 hours. With this, India overtook Russia which has 680,283 reported cases of the highly contagious virus.
Currently, US is leading the number of confirmed cases with 28,88,729 cases, followed by 16,03,055 cases in Brazil, according to the map by John Hopkins University.
As on July 6, India stands at total 697,413 cases of which 253,287 are active, 424,432 have been cured, 19,693 dead and 1 migrated. The country’s recovery rate has improved to 60.77%.
Maharashtra continues to remain the most affected state in the country with 206,619 reported infections followed by 111,151 in Tamil Nadu, and 99,444 cases in Delhi.
Further, according to Johan Hopkins University map, in terms of death, India appears relatively late in the world list at 8th position with 19,693, behind US, Brazil, UK, Italy, Mexico, France and Spain.
- A successful COP26 is essential for Earth’s future. What needs to go right?
- SW monsoon withdraws from India, 7th-most delayed retreat since ’75
- IIT-Guwahati working on generating hydrogen from water using sunlight
- Incredible to have Bollywood, dance sequence in Marvel movie: Filmmaker Chloe Zhao
- Two NE women, auto driver injured resisting snatching bid in Delhi
- No shortage of power in country, says power minister R K Singh