Kokrajhar: Life came to a standstill as a heavy hailstorm lashed over different parts of the district and its’ adjoining areas on Tuesday.
One of the most affected areas in the entire district is Dholmara under Salakati police outpost in Kokrajhar district.
Several houses have been damaged and century-old trees have been uprooted during the devastation here. Supply of electricity in the whole area has also been affected as many electric poles were uprooted during the hailstorm. Representatives from the district administration visited the affected areas to take stock of the situation.
Meanwhile, moderate rain or thundershowers are likely to occur at many places over Assam till May 30, a forecast by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
- 3 lakh doses of intranasal Covid vax sent to hospitals: Bharat Biotech
- Musharraf, architect of 1999 Kargil war, leaves behind contentious legacy
- 2,278 arrested in 3 days in Assam’s child marriage crackdown
- Engineer on field trip rediscovers moth lost for 150 years in Arunachal
- ‘Immigrant’ row: Two JAC members attacked at rally in Sikkim’s Melli
- NF Railway clocks 9 pc jump in freight unloading in FY’24