Kokrajhar: Life came to a standstill as a heavy hailstorm lashed over different parts of the district and its’ adjoining areas on Tuesday.
One of the most affected areas in the entire district is Dholmara under Salakati police outpost in Kokrajhar district.
Several houses have been damaged and century-old trees have been uprooted during the devastation here. Supply of electricity in the whole area has also been affected as many electric poles were uprooted during the hailstorm. Representatives from the district administration visited the affected areas to take stock of the situation.
Meanwhile, moderate rain or thundershowers are likely to occur at many places over Assam till May 30, a forecast by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation