Dimapur: The deputy commissioner of Dimapur district in Nagaland came out with a new order on Tuesday to allow all retail shops in the district to open from 9 am to 4 pm. However all shops in New Market, Hong Kong Market, Hazi park, Millenium Market, Railway Bazaar and vegetable market in Purana Bazar shall remain closed, the order said. All weekly bazaars will also remain closed, as per the order.
The order comes into effect from Wednesday and has some mandatory precautionary measures to be followed by shop owners in the district.
As per the precautionary measures, all shopkeepers will have to mandatorily keep hand sanitizers and provide facilities for hand washing with soap and water for the public as well as for their own staff/workers. Further, the proprietor of the shops and establishments should regularly get the door handles, surfaces and other objects which are frequently touched by the people cleaned and disinfected, the order said.
The order further directed that shopkeepers and other persons in contact with high number of people should wear masks and maintain social distancing. Earlier in an order issued by the DC on March 30, the district administration had allowed shops to open from 9 am to 2 pm.
Dimapur, the commercial hub of Nagaland, has not reported any positive case of COVID-19 so far, but the district administration led by the deputy commissioner has been on vigil and also keeping the district up and running with minimal requirements and manpower.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border