Kohima: A total of 31 persons have returned to the state from other North-east states and have been housed at a quarantine facility in Dimapur on Wednesday. The first batch comprised of 11 persons from the Jain community, the second batch of 20 persons returned from Jorhat, Maraini and Titapur .
An official update said that the first batch of the inter-state returnees from North East, comprising of 11 persons from the Jain community, had reached Dimapur by bus around 6:45 PM at the Agri Expo in Dimapur on Tuesday.
On filling necessary details, these persons were screened and sent for quarantine at Jain Bhavan in Marwari Patti, which is a state-approved quarantine centre.
The statement said that the APC and Dimapur in charge for COVID 19, Kikheto Sema lauded the Jain community and other non-Nagas for taking the responsibility for their community. “Nagas should also come forward to take responsibility during such extraordinary time,” he was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, the second batch of 20 returnees reached Dimapur from Jorhat, Maraini and Titapur in four buses around 9:10 PM. After going through the necessary protocols, these persons were also taken to quarantine centres.
- Govt seals mega deal with Airbus for purchase of 56 C-295 military transport aircraft
- Journey of Sensex: From 1,000 to 60,000 in over 31 years
- BJP’s Ratan Chakraborty elected Speaker of Tripura Assembly
- Nagaland Lottery September 24: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 24
- Shiva Thapa eyes fresh record at world championship as ‘the senior one’