Kokrajhar: The body of a man was recovered under mysterious conditions at Chalani Batabari under Dotma police station in Kokrajhar district on Friday morning.
The body was as identified as Mwkthang Basumatary (43), a resident of Beswargaon in Kokrajhar.
According to locals, Basumatary’s body was found in a paddy field at Chalani Batabari village along the Kokrajhar-Dotma Road by people out for morning walk. The body was seen lying on the ground along with his motorcycle. The person was wearing a gamocha and is suspected to be a victim of road mishap.
Later, locals informed the police, which came and took the body and the numberless two-wheeler. It is to be mentioned that the deceased has injury marks on his face. Meanwhile, locals suspect that Basumatary was killed.
Police have started investigation into the matter.
- World Rhino Day: Assam burns largest Rhino horns’ stockpile to bust myths
- Manipur: 22-year-old in jail for ‘Modi’s faeces’ comment on CM’s Facebook
- Bhabanipur bypoll: BJP stopped from campaigning near Mamata’s house
- In a first, Bengal to count big herbivores during tiger census
- Nagaland: NSCN-K Niki Sumi cadre arrested at Chumukedima
- World Rose Day 2021: Here’s why this day is dedicated to cancer patients