Agartala: Workers of the Bharatiya Mazdoor Union (BMS), an RSS-affiliated trade union, staged a protest in front of the office of the superintendent of police (SP) in Khowai district in Tripura on Thursday. The protesting workers sought the removal of Additional SP Randhir Debbarma after the police official seized an overloaded truck belonging to a BMS member.
On Wednesday, Debbarma stopped the overloaded truck and issued a challan against it for breaking traffic rules. However, the owner, who claimed to be a member of the BMS, refused to pay the penalty.
When an altercation started between the Additional SP and the truck owner, the BMS member threatened the police officer with consequences. Following the heated argument, Debbrama seized the truck and took the vehicle into custody.
Following the incident, the local BMS leaders gathered at the SP office and demanded Debbarma’s removal from his post.
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case
- Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college