Agartala: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Friday said that the Northeastern states were once famous for corruption but after former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had taken the initiative for the development of the region, the entire money sent from Delhi is being spent for development.
The home minister said the plan for Tripura’s development over the next 25 years has been laid out in a vision document `Lakshya Tripura’.
Addressing a gathering here on Tripura’s 50th statehood day through video conferencing, Shah said, huge infrastructure for connectivity of the land-locked state through roads, railways were built and initiatives were taken for better connectivity through neighbouring Bangladesh.
He said, the state, which has the potential to be the gateway of the North eastern state is now being connected with the rest of the country by Agartala-Akhaura railways.
The 15-km long Agartala Akhaur rail would connect the north eastern railway tracks with Bangladesh railways to reach to Kolkata.
- Assam: Three civet cats rescued in Nagaon district
- HIV cases in Assam surge with 2,269 more testing positive since April
- What is a DAO? Different types of DAOs
- Meghalaya: ECC to stage protest as govt fails to frame action plan for coke plants
- Assam: Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022 begins in Guwahati amid fanfare
- India’s Covid infection tally rises by 226, active caseload declines to 4,529