The Dimapur Ao Youth Organization (DAYO) has expressed shock and anguish at the death of 13 innocent civilians at the hands of Indian paramilitary forces. DAYO expressed solidarity with “our Konyak brethren” and said it considered this act “as an act of intimidation against the whole of Nagas.”
DAYO said calling the ambush “intelligence failure is another level of insensitivity and insult to the priceless human lives lost for no fault of theirs.”
This unwarranted episode exposed the army’s lack of professionalism, deviant orientation, and misuse of law, DAYO said.
“Jawans are trigger happy to hunt down the unarmed civilians as animals. We condemn such cowardly acts of killing innocent public in no uncertain terms and call upon the Ministry of Home Affairs to immediately court-martial the erring officers and maniac jawans without fear or favour for setting an exemplary deterrent,” DAYO said in a statement.
“At a time when there is much expectation for a Naga political settlement, such major tragedy can undo the hard-earned ceasefires, unless the Indian army exhibits the magnanimity to see that truth and justice is delivered at the earliest,” the statement added.
“We call upon all Nagas to boycott all the Samaritan projects initiated by different Indian military regiments because civilised people cannot accommodate and work hand-in-hand with blood-stained killers of the highest order,” the statement said.
- Australia approves two new medicines in fight against COVID
- International aid reaches Tonga with clean water, supplies
- Omicron in community transmission stage, dominant in metros: INSACOG
- UAE bans private drones after deadly attack on Abu Dhabi
- True honour to Netaji would be to follow his ideology of inclusivity & secularism: family
- BJP eyeing 2/3rd majority in Manipur; Open to post-poll alliance: CM