Ethnic violence in Manipur is now into the fifth month, but it would not be wrong to say that the violence, which started on May 3, has also impacted the neighbouring state of Mizoram for nearly as long. One of the earliest outcomes of the violence, which has killed over 200 people, was the mass displacement of people, especially from the Kuki community. As per the Mizoram government’s latest data, as of September 20, 2023, 11, 973 displaced persons from Manipur have entered Mizoram. This population is distributed across ten out of eleven districts in Mizoram, with......
- Meghalaya to be fully connected by optical fibre network, says CM
- NFR assures completion of Dhansiri-Zubza rail line by 2024
- NE is future of sports in India: Arunachal CM Pema Khandu
- 146 participants from 20 countries join Asian Ranger Forum in Guwahati
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship