Aizawl: Senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Renu Sharma on Tuesday took charge as the chief secretary of Mizoram, official sources said.
Sharma, who arrived in Aizawl on Monday, took the charge from JC Ramthanga, additional chief secretary to the chief minister, who has taken the charge in the absence of Sharma, the sources said.
Ramthanga took the charge from outgoing chief secretary Lalnunmawia Chuaungo on Monday in addition to his original post.
Sharma was appointed by the Centre as chief secretary of Mizoram on October 28. She was asked to take charge from November 1. On the same day, the Mizoram government also ordered JC Ramthanga to take charge of the chief secretary from November 1 until further orders.
Before her transfer to Mizoram, Sharma held the post of Additional Chief Secretary (Transport) to the Government of NCT of Delhi. During Covid-19 pandemic, she was suspended by the Ministry of Home Affairs for breaking the rules of lockdown in Delhi.
The AGMUT cadre officer of 1988 batch, Sharma had already been posted in Mizoram and initially held Commissioner and Secretary in the finance and general administration departments between June 2011 and August 2012.
She was again transferred to Mizoram in 2016 and posted as principal secretary in the state home and personnel & administrative reforms department.The soft-spoken and affable officer had cordial relations with the Mizos during her previous stint, sources said.
- Diplomacy, prayers: Things to know about the Ukraine crisis
- Mizoram logs 1,756 new Covid-19 cases, 4 deaths
- Mizoram making massive efforts to control drug menace: Guv in R-Day speech
- Assam: Paragliding accident at Tinsukia resort claims one life
- 118-year-old Sumi village celebrates foundation day in Assam
- British PM flags vaccine bond with India in Republic Day message