Aizawl: Over 11,200 beneficiaries have availed health insurance under Mizoram State Health Care Scheme (MSHCS) during the fiscal 2020-2021, an official said on Wednesday.
The official said a total of 1,12,427 families have registered to avail the health care scheme during the same fiscal. He said that health insurance amounting to over Rs 6.70 crore was given to 11,244 beneficiaries under MSHCS during the fiscal 2020-2021 till February 24.
The official also said that a total of 6,101 beneficiaries were yet to be provided health assistance amounting to over Rs 15.34 crore.
The Mizoram State Health Care Scheme (MSHCS) was launched by the Mizo National Front (MNF) government headed by chief minister Zoramthanga in October 2019.
Under this scheme, beneficiaries are provided up to Rs 2 lakh health insurance in a year.
Apart from MSHCS, the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) scheme has also been implemented since October 2019. Under this scheme, beneficiaries are given health insurance up to Rs. 5 lakh cover in year.
The official said that a total of 1,94,859 families have registered to avail health insurance under the Centre’s scheme during 2020-2021.
Both the AB-PMJAY and MSHCS schemes are being implemented in all government hospitals and private hospitals across the state.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal