Guwahati: In a major breakthrough, the Noney Battalion of Assam Rifles apprehended two active cadres of the Kuki National Front (Nehlun) involved in extortion activities on National Highway 37 near milestone 35 in Manipur’s Kangpokpi district.
The duo was arrested while they were on their way to deliver an extortion demand letter to the head of a construction company, involved in developmental activities on National Highway 37.
One pistol with a magazine, 5 live rounds, and an extortion demand letter on the letterhead of KNF(N) were also recovered from the possession of the arrested cadres.
The apprehended cadres and the recovered items have been handed over to New Keithalmanbi PS in Kangpokpi district.
Also read | Asian Woollyneck breeding finally confirmed in Assam
- Assam: Cachar tea workers told to avoid commercial vehicles as transport
- Meghalaya sets up expert panel to review reservation formula
- Notify public land protection cells in each Assam district: Gauhati HC
- With global temps expected to soar, experts warn of harsher heatwaves in India
- India, China relationship is going to be ‘tough’: Rahul Gandhi
- Science, Arts most popular streams over last 10 years: MoE