Thoubal: The district mental health programme officials on Tuesday organised ‘World Suicide Prevention Day’ at Community Health Centre, Heirok, Thoubal district.
Speaking as the chief guest at the function, Thoubal district deputy commissioner A Subhash Singh said that nowadays children and adolescents are burdened with immense pressure from their parents.
“One must avoid putting pressure on their children as it leads to depression and other mental problems. It adversely affects the personality of the child when they grow up and reach adulthood,” he said.
He further said that earlier children used to play in the open ground which allowed them to interact with other people.
“However, due to urbanisation, such outdoor activities are now slowly fading away,” he said, adding that the parents should make sure that their kids socialise. “It will help in their personality development,” he said.
Speaking at the function, chief medical officer, Thoubal, Dr Y Nokul appealed to the youth and parents to reach out to medical professionals for help when needed.
- Meghalaya: FIRs against two FB users over ‘objectionable’ posts
- Meghalaya: CM transfers Rs 30 cr to 60k farm households under FOCUS+
- Shillong-based media org launches comics at Comic Con Bengaluru
- Meghalaya: CM Sangma increases honorarium for Anganwadi workers
- Mizoram govt to set up an agricultural product marketing committee
- Assam: A nail-biting finish to Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022