Imphal: A self-styled lieutenant of proscribed group PREPAK (PRO) has been arrested from Yumnam Khunou in Manipur’s Bishnupur district on Friday by Khoupum Battalion under the aegis of IGAR (south), in a joint operation with Manipur Police, an official said.
Based on specific input, troops of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched a joint operation which led to the apprehension.
The arrested insurgent has been handed over to Manipur Police for further investigation and legal proceedings, it added.
- Flood situation remains grim in Assam, over 25 lakh still hit
- Sikkim reports 2 new COVID-19 cases
- Tripura: Cong-BJP clash sparks tension in Agartala; Cong chief hospitalized
- Administration yet to reach all affected people of Silchar: Himanta
- New music! The latest by Ama Lou, Alewya, Tierra Whack and Flohio
- BTS: ‘V’ takes Paris by storm, ARMY can’t cope with his style