Imphal: The Moreh Battalion under the IGAR (South) bust a weapons cache close to the Indo-Myanmar border on Monday, said an official.
According to the official report, based on intelligence inputs, troops of Assam Rifles unearthed a weapons cache in the jungle close to Govajang village near Moreh in Tengnoupal district. On thorough search, one Heckler and Koch assault rifle, two Chinese hand grenades, 22 rounds of 7.62mm calibre, one dual-band radio set and other warlike stores like combat uniforms were recovered.
The recovered warlike stores have been handed over to Moreh Police for further investigation, it said.
- Monsoon has covered entire country: IMD
- Math of human behaviour: how to spot liars, counter disinformation
- Space wars: Dream-walking towards the planetoid bomb
- Tour de France: How many calories will the winner burn?
- Sri Lanka civil society expresses displeasure over 22nd Amendment
- The five drawbacks to following your passion