Imphal: The Kuki Student Organisation’s general headquarters has urged the chief electoral officer of Manipur to intervene and direct the officials concerned, who are busy with election-related duties, to issue certificates to students.
In a letter to the CEO, Manipur, the KSO stated that several student communities and civil service aspirants have shared their grievances that the concerned authorities such as DC, SDO and SDM could not discharge their duties in issuing the certificates like tribes and domicile certificates, which are required for job application, including UPSC exams, scholarships, admission in colleges, universities etc.
This has caused a lot of inconvenience to the students as well as the public, it added.
KSO education secretary Thangmoi Haokip said in a letter that “even though we are very much aware of the hectic schedules of the officers for the ensuing general election”.
“However, keeping in mind the seriousness of the students and job aspirants, I request your esteemed office to look into the matter and direct the concerned authorities for issuing certificates without further delay.”
RBI projects 7.8 pc GDP growth for 2022-23
- IIT Madras develops portable device to detect milk adulteration
- Xi’s Moscow trip shows peace in Ukraine isn’t China’s main concern
- SC to hear pleas challenging validity of 1991 law on religious places
- UK PM Rishi Sunak launches crackdown on ‘anti-social behaviour’
- Not many players are as hungry to score as I am: Sunil Chhetri
- Indian football team to go all out vs Kyrgyz Republic in Tri-Nation title decider