Imphal: Manipur’s daily COVID-19 caseload crossed 500 marked and positivity rate increased to 19.3 percent on Friday even as the state reported two more coronavirus deaths in the last 24 hours.
The total confirmed positive cases now stands at 1,29,257 and cumulative death toll is 2,019.
Of the new 578 cases, 328 are from Imphal West, 69 from Imphal East, 60 from Kangpokpi, 29 from Churachandpur, 21 each from Thoubal and Bishnupur, nine from Ukhrul, seven each from Jiribam and Chandel, six from Kakching, five from Tengnoupal, four from Tamenglong, three from Senapati and two from Kamjong.
The two deaths are from Ukhrul and Churachandpur. Both of them had co-morbidities and had taken the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
At present, Manipur has a total of 2,860 COVID-19 active cases, of which 955 are in home isolation.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, 100 more persons were discharged and the state’s recovery rate is at 96.23 percent.
- Sri Lanka to liberalise fuel import and marketing: Energy Minister
- Psychology behind online casinos
- Journalists should not be jailed for ‘what they write’: UN on Zubair’s arrest
- Arunachal cancels out-of-turn appointments in all govt departments
- India slams UN Human Rights for comments on action against Setalvad
- Bharatiya Gorkha Prajatantrik Morcha wins Gorkhaland Territorial elections