Imphal: Ahead of the general elections in Manipur, the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) on Tuesday suspended MLA Kh Joykisan of Thangmeiband assembly constituency.
In an order issued by MPCC general sect Hareshwar Goshwami, it stated that on the recommendation of the Disciplinary Action Committee, MPCC, the party president has decided to suspend Kh Joykisan Singh from the Indian National Congress (INC) under Article XIX of the Constitution of the Indian National Congress read with Clause(h) of ‘MISCELLANEOUS’ provided under Article XXVII of the said Constitution.
MLA Joykisan Singh ceases to be a primary member of the Indian National Congress with immediate effect, it said.
Meanwhile, AICC general secretary KC Venugopal issued an order appointing Kh Ratankumar Singh of Mayang Imphal AC as the new working president of Manipur Congress.
Interestingly, prior to his appointment, Ratankumar resigned from the party vice-president post. However, he did not resign from the primary membership of the party.
Social media was rife with speculation that the former Congress MLA might switch to another political party. However, with his appointment, such speculations have now been put to rest.
Manipur to go polls on February 27 and March 3 in two phases. Counting of votes and announcement of the result is on March 10.
Creative pursuits must have universal appeal: Assam CM
- Mizoram poll officials to visit Tripura over Bru migrants names deletion
- Indian delegation discusses energy cooperation with Sri Lankan Pres Wickremesinghe
- Oppn parties join Cong satyagraha in Assam is support of RaGa
- Bangladesh Asst High Commission in Tripura celebrates I-Day
- NEW SONGS SUNDAY: Demi Lovato, Melanie Martinez & ‘John Wick’!
- India summons high commissioner of Canada over actions of separatist elements