Imphal: Former Congress legislator D Korungthang from Tengnoupal assembly constituency joined the Naga People’s Front (NPF) Manipur unit on Wednesday ahead of the state general elections this year.
On Tuesday, Korungthang had officially resigned as a member of the Manipur Legislative Assembly.
Following the resignation of D Korungthang, secretary of Manipur Legislative Assembly declared the 42 Tengnoupal assembly seat vacant.
Welcoming the former Congress MLA into the party fold, a warm reception programme was held in Senapati district in the presence of MP Lorho S Pfoze, PHED minister Losii Dikho, forest minister Awangbow Newmai, HAC chairman Leishiyo Keishing among others.
- Tripura 2023: 259 candidates remain in fray for Assembly polls
- How big data and big dollars are changing cricket
- Budget 2023-24 has very little for marginalised sections: Rights groups
- Meghalaya 2023: NPP Garo Hills candidates file nominations
- India’s push for climate finance in Eco Survey reflects its stance as G20 President
- India, US keen to conclude USD 3 billion MQ-9B predator drone deal