Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday inaugurated the Meetei Society Office Building of Churachandpur at a function held at the Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Imphal. The society office building was funded by the State Planning Department in 2017- 2018.
Speaking at the inaugural function, the chief minister recalled the role played by the Meitei/Meetei community “in safeguarding our motherland” on numerous occasions, including the Seven Years Devastation and freedom struggle against the British.
The CM added that “such acts of valour by our forefathers earned a place in the national as well as international history”.
He further said the Meiteis should also try to uplift the dignity of the Meetei/ Meitei community just as the Nagas, Kukis, Meitei Pangals, etc., try to safeguard their respective communities.
The chief minister called upon all the communities residing in the state to live together with peace and love to contribute in nation building. Asserting that the state belongs to all communities residing in both hills and valleys, he appealed to the Meiteis residing in every district as minorities to live without fear. The CM further added that the Meetei society should play a great role in maintaining peace with other communities.
The inauguration function was attended by Rajya Sabha MP Maharaja Leishemba Sanajaoba, chairman of Manipur Development Society M Asnikumar Singh, and M Thoiba Singh, president of Meetei Society, Churachandpur.
- Mizoram reports 1,280 new COVID-19 cases, death toll rises to 573
- U-19 World Cup: India eye improved batting performance vs Ireland
- Manipur 2022: Cong expels Thangmeiband MLA Kh Joykisan
- Volcanic ash delays aid to Tonga as scale of damage emerges
- India vs SA: First time in 7 years, all eyes on Kohli the batter in ODIs
- Demand for relaxing partial lockdown measures in tourism sector in Bengal