Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday inaugurated the Meetei Society Office Building of Churachandpur at a function held at the Chief Minister’s Secretariat, Imphal. The society office building was funded by the State Planning Department in 2017- 2018.
Speaking at the inaugural function, the chief minister recalled the role played by the Meitei/Meetei community “in safeguarding our motherland” on numerous occasions, including the Seven Years Devastation and freedom struggle against the British.
The CM added that “such acts of valour by our forefathers earned a place in the national as well as international history”.
He further said the Meiteis should also try to uplift the dignity of the Meetei/ Meitei community just as the Nagas, Kukis, Meitei Pangals, etc., try to safeguard their respective communities.
The chief minister called upon all the communities residing in the state to live together with peace and love to contribute in nation building. Asserting that the state belongs to all communities residing in both hills and valleys, he appealed to the Meiteis residing in every district as minorities to live without fear. The CM further added that the Meetei society should play a great role in maintaining peace with other communities.
The inauguration function was attended by Rajya Sabha MP Maharaja Leishemba Sanajaoba, chairman of Manipur Development Society M Asnikumar Singh, and M Thoiba Singh, president of Meetei Society, Churachandpur.
- Coffee doesn’t give you extra energy. Here’s what happens instead
- Expecting slowdown in Indian economy to 6.1 pc in 2023: IMF
- India condemns terror attack in Pakistan’s Peshawar city
- Scientists working to increase shelf life of millets-based products
- What to do if your kid is biting, hitting and kicking?
- Assam: GP Singh takes charge as DGP, pledges to make force citizen-centric