Imphal: Moreh Battalion of Assam Rifles recovered a huge quantity of warlike stores near Chikkim Veng village at Moreh in Tengnoupal district on Tuesday, said an official.
As per the official report, during border domination patrol, troops of Assam Rifles observed suspicious packets in a vehicle with markings in Chinese language. On further enquiry, the driver of the vehicle revealed that the consignment was collected from River View hotel in Moreh and was to be trasported to Churachandpur district.
Troops of Assam Rifles immediately raided the hotel and recovered huge quantities of warlike stores such as picatinny rails, mounting platform for firearms accessories, military attire and accessories and one high pressure pneumatic pump.
The recovered items have been handed over to Moreh Police Station for further legal action.
- Son of ‘murdered’ NFR employee allegedly assaulted by cops
- Arunachal boy’s abduction: Indian Army seeks help from China’s PLA
- Manipur pre-poll violence: Grenade hurled at NPP supporter’s house
- In pictures: Lee Se-young’s ‘Clever & Clover’ gets to Vogue Korea cover
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition found in Paschim Medinipur
- Arunachal boy, 17, abducted by China’s PLA; Rahul slams PM