Imphal: Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday laid the foundation stone for a 50-bed field hospital at Longmai part-1 in the Noney district.
The hospital will be set up under the State Health Society, National Health Mission at an estimated cost of Rs 3.5 crore.
According to CM Biren Singh, the pre-fabricated field hospital is expected to be ready by March 31, 2022.
“I’m confident that this hospital will give a major boost in the field of healthcare in Noney,” said Singh.
The chief minister also informed the state government has sanctioned the construction of three more such hospitals in Kamjong, Tengnoupal and Pherzawl while adding that construction work for the same would start soon.
These projects are being established under state the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW’s) ECRP-II for Rs 14 crore, he said.
Singh also attended a one-day political conference at Longmai common ground in Noney district, where thousands of supporters and party workers attended the programme.
- Baba Ramdev offers his two cents on Assam CM’s ‘motherhood age’ remark
- No visible sign of spending of Centre’s package for tea workers: TMC union
- Odisha health minister shot at by cop in Jharsuguda dist, accused held
- Assam govt to make docu on Patharughat peasant uprising: CM
- New Songs Sunday: Pray It Away, You Only Love Me & more
- NGT refrains from imposing Rs 1,000 crore fine on Assam