Manipur’s Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem has become the first Indian to be included in the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Champions League Team of the season after his impressive performance with FC Goa earlier this year.
FC Goa was the first Indian club to have taken part in the group stages of AFC champions League with some stirring performances. The Gaurs drew three and lost several matches but managed to keep two clean sheets during the campaign.
Dheeraj was a part of the U-17 team at the 2017 Fifa World Cup and his performance there strengthened the club’s faith in the player. The Manipuri player made 26 saves including one from the penalty spot with an overall save percentage of 86.2.
Dheeraj Singh has become FC Goa’s first pick for the Hero ISL 2021-22 and will play a crucial role in their bid to emerge triumphant and bag their first-ever title.
- Sri Lankan Prez says he will continue with his unpopular decisions
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order