Imphal: Women on Saturday staged a protest at Heirok Market in Manipur’s Thoubal district against a bomb attack on the residence of a candidate for next year’s assembly elections.
A bomb was lobbed by unidentified persons at the residence of Ningthoujam Diten, National People’s Party (NPP) candidate for Heirok assembly constituency, in Ukhongsang Mayai Leikai on Friday night.
No one was injured in the incident but arrests were yet to be made, a police officer said.
Women protesters said they wanted peaceful elections and condemned any violent act during campaigning.
Elections to the 60-member Manipur Assembly will be held early next year.
- Manik Saha won because of large-scale rigging, says Tripura LoP Manik Sarkar
- Assam floods: NDRF deploys 3 women rescuers for ops in Silchar
- Arunachal Cong protests, says Agnipath cruel joke on future of youth
- Anand Mahindra’s reply on his qualification wins the internet
- Nagaland: MoU inked to strengthen SHGs for persons with disabilities
- Assam: Six-day infant, family rescued from flood-hit Silchar