Guwahati: After Mirabai Chanu’s Silver, another Manipuri has brought home an Olympic medal. This time it is Shanglakpam Nilakanta Sharma, the midfielder in Indian men’s hockey team. Team India created history on Thursday by winning a Bronze at Olympics after 41 years.
Nilakanta Sharma is among the 10 Olympic debutants in the 16-member Indian men’s hockey team who made the nation proud today. The team beat Germany 5-4 to claim the bronze medal at the ongoing Olympic Games on Thursday.
Celebrations are going on non-stop for Sharma and his team’s win back at his home state. His family members and neighbours marched on the streets of Ahallup, Heingang Kendra, to celebrate the victory of Team India in Men’s Hockey at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders
- Assam logs 196 new COVID-19 cases, 5 fresh fatalities
- India records 26,041 new COVID-19 cases
- Bharat Bandh: Rahul Gandhi voices support for farmers
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination