Guwahati: After Mirabai Chanu’s Silver, another Manipuri has brought home an Olympic medal. This time it is Shanglakpam Nilakanta Sharma, the midfielder in Indian men’s hockey team. Team India created history on Thursday by winning a Bronze at Olympics after 41 years.
Nilakanta Sharma is among the 10 Olympic debutants in the 16-member Indian men’s hockey team who made the nation proud today. The team beat Germany 5-4 to claim the bronze medal at the ongoing Olympic Games on Thursday.
Celebrations are going on non-stop for Sharma and his team’s win back at his home state. His family members and neighbours marched on the streets of Ahallup, Heingang Kendra, to celebrate the victory of Team India in Men’s Hockey at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Manipur to lift internet ban today: CM Biren Singh
- How global corporate power is ‘out of control’ and its effects on democracy
- Dimapur railway station to be revamped at a cost of Rs 265.6 cr
- Arunachal CM upset over China’s refusal to grant visas to Wushu athletes
- Mizoram nods to Assam’s proposal of resuming talks on border dispute
- Manipur: Ukhrul district focuses on skill development