Imphal: In a major breakthrough, troops of Assam Rifles arrested two active militants belonging to People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) and People’s Liberation of Army (PLA) in two separate operations in Manipur on Monday.
PREPAK and PLA are banned militant outfits based in Manipur.
As per an official report, troops of Keithelmanbi and Chassad Battalions under the aegis of IGAR (South) arrested the militants from Imphal West and Kamjong districts of Manipur, respectively.
Based on specific inputs from reliable sources, troops of Assam Rifles launched the operations which led to the arrest of the two militants.
The arrested insurgents were handed over to Nambol and Kamjong Police Stations for further investigation, reports said.
- Mary Kom, Amit Panghal missing from list of national campers
- Scheduled international passenger flights to remain suspended till Jan 31: DGCA
- Assam journos who died of COVID not in beneficiary list of welfare scheme
- BJP MP in Rajya Sabha makes case for Uniform Civil Code
- Assam: Opposition levels land grab allegation against CM’s wife, demands probe
- HM misled Parliament on Nagaland, claims Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury