Imphal: In a major breakthrough, troops of Assam Rifles arrested two active militants belonging to People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) and People’s Liberation of Army (PLA) in two separate operations in Manipur on Monday.
PREPAK and PLA are banned militant outfits based in Manipur.
As per an official report, troops of Keithelmanbi and Chassad Battalions under the aegis of IGAR (South) arrested the militants from Imphal West and Kamjong districts of Manipur, respectively.
Based on specific inputs from reliable sources, troops of Assam Rifles launched the operations which led to the arrest of the two militants.
The arrested insurgents were handed over to Nambol and Kamjong Police Stations for further investigation, reports said.
- World Cup: what body type works best for football? A professor of biomechanics explains
- Use technology to make education accessible to children with disabilities: Prez Murmu
- SS Rajamouli bags best director award at New York Film Critics Circle for ‘RRR’
- AIUDF chief Badruddin Ajmal faces backlash over ‘Hindu marriage’ remark
- Using abusive words against PM Modi new normal for Congress: BJP
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 full schedule and fixtures