The occasion marks the day when International Olympic Committee was founded in 1894. The day aims at promoting sports and spreads the message of making sports a significant part of life.
The main function was held at Khongman Students Club Hall in Imphal East district and was attended by Hockey India president Gyanendro Ningombam and Manipur Hockey president Basudev Singh, along with other officials of Manipur Hockey and Khongman Students Club.
According to a press statement issued by Manipur Hockey, the celebration was also organised in Jiribam district by All Jiribam Sports Association (Hockey Unit), Hockey Unit of Imphal West & Bishnupur Hockey with the participation of sports lovers under the aegis of Manipur Hockey.
On the occasion, Manipur Hockey general secretary greeted the sportspersons and sports lovers of Manipur. He appealed to all to strive to promote good health and sporting spirit among the youths of Manipur.
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race
- China seals city as its worst COVID-19 outbreak in a year grows