Imphal: In a major breakthrough against valley-based insurgent groups (VBIGs) operating across the India-Myanmar border, the Assam Rifles arrested a militant of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) from Valpakot village in Manipur‘s Churachandpur district.
PLA is a valley-based terror outfit involved in multiple attacks on Assam Rifles troops guarding the border with Myanmar.
Based on specific intelligence about the presence of a PLA rebel in Valpakot village of Churachandpur, troops of Assam Rifles launched an operation on Wednesday and successfully apprehended him.
The arrested militant has been identified as Telem Amit Kumar Singh alias Lintao, a resident of Mamang Leikai in Imphal West district.
The arrested rebel has been handed over to Churachandpur police station for further legal investigation.
- Singapore says Omicron not more severe than other variants as of now
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu beats Yamaguchi in semis, enters final
- Ratan Tata, Lovlina Borgohain, 17 others to receive top Assam govt awards
- Amid calls for booster shots, experts say double vaccinate against Covid first
- Sri Lankan lynching in Pak: Over 800 booked under terrorism charges
- Tripura: Rifleman guns down colleagues in Sepahijala