Imphal: After a long time, the number of recovered persons surpassed fresh cases in Manipur, with 783 people discharged and 621 testing positive for COVID-19 in the last 24 hours.
With this, the total number of confirmed positive cases and recovered is 52,899 and 43,187 respectively. The active cases stand at 8,863, and the recovery rate is 81.64 %.
Of the 783 persons discharged, 591 are from the home isolation, and 20 are from RIMS. The rest are from other COVID-19 care facilities, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar.
The new positive cases are from Imphal West (266), Imphal East (137), Thoubal (67), Bishnupur (51), Tamenglong (28), Churachandpur (18), Chandel (15), Kakching (13), Kangpokpi (11), Tengnoupal (8), Ukhrul (3), Pherzawl (2) and Senapati (1).
Meanwhile, another case of Black Fungus has been reported from Raj Medicity Hospital, a 37-year-old female from Bishnupur district on Thursday. The state currently has three Black Fungus cases.
Also, in the last 24 hours, the state level COVID-19 Deaths Committee has reported ten deaths due to the virus. With this, the death toll stands at 849.
The victims are from Imphal East (5), Kakching (2), Imphal West (1), Thoubal (1) and Chandel (1), respectively.
- Canine experts seek end to practice of using police dogs for VIP events
- How to get free spins at European Casino
- BJP destroyed railways by stopping practice of separate budget: Mamata
- All you need to know about getting free spins on card registration
- Sikkim lists ‘pharma-related’ products as part of One District One Product
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur